Schedule a complimentary consultation to see if our unique customized program is right for YOU.
Addiction Treatment For Women by Women
Nurturing Addiction, Mental Health Services and Wellness for women by highly credentialed women clinicians, individualized for you.Gender is an important clinical issue in substance abuse treatment for women. There are gender differences in the development and pattern of substance use disorders and differences in treatment approaches. Researchers note that these differences begin with early risk factors for substance use and continue throughout treatment and recovery. Who better than women to understand and support other women?
Must doís when you are treating women.
- Recognizing the role and significance of personal relationships in womenís lives.
- Addressing the unique health concerns of women.
- Acknowledging the importance and role of socioeconomic issues and differences among women.
- Promoting cultural competency that is specific to women.
- Endorsing a developmental perspective.
- Attending to the relevance and presence of various caregiver roles that women assume throughout their lives.
- Adopting a trauma-informed perspective.
- Using a strengths-based treatment model for women.
- Incorporating an integrated and multidisciplinary treatment approach for women.
- Maintaining a gender-responsive treatment environment across all settings.
- Recognizing that culturally-ascribed roles and gender expectations affect societyís attitudes toward women with substance abuse.
Benefits for women treated by women.
- More natural to discuss same-sex issues
- Other women can be a strong source of referral resources - health, exercise, new hobbies, and interests.
- Guidance from a team of women who have faced and overcome similar struggles.†Safe encouragement and support from other women environment to receive