Schedule a complimentary consultation to see if our unique customized program is right for YOU.
Your Recovery Team - Lena Sheffield - LMHC, CAP, MAC, CEDS
Seeking professional help is not easy and Lena takes your decision very seriously. Your strength and awareness that something is just not right and your hope for change is a great start for therapy. When you are feeling overwhelmed, irritable, resentful, lonely, or having trouble making decisions, Lena can help straighten things out. Stopping the thoughts at night, struggling with relationships, body dissatisfaction, shame, career direction and long term angst interfere with living. For those who want to stop self-medicating because substance use is creating difficult consequences, the fear and discomfort can be overwhelming. The transition from residential care back to fragile environment is very promising yet scary for clients and loved ones. Lena shares your hope that things can change.
She has been in the mental health, eating disorders and addiction field for over 30 years in hospital, residential, community based and outpatient levels of care. Her training and experiences have been diverse with an emphasis on evaluation and treatment of anxiety disorders, mood disorders, trauma, co-occurring addiction and mental health symptoms, eating disorders and other dysfunctional eating behaviors, life transition and attachment struggles. Lena is bi-lingual. Her organization and communication skills allow her to be a great case manager. She is an advocate for the clients and their loved ones and works well with other supporting clinicians.
Lena customizes the treatment approach for each client individually based on their needs, situation, strengths, vulnerabilities and goals. Some tools used include: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Integrative Psychotherapy /CBT, Informed DBT, Mindfulness Practice, Family Systems, Reducing Body Shame, Resilience building, Values clarification, appropriate boundary settings, DMM Attachment Model, ADHD Self-Regulation. She supports 12-step, SMART Recovery, Harm Reduction and other options if they help the client achieve healthy self-regulation.
- EDCOM (Eating Disorders Coalition of Miami) Board Secretary
- N.A.M.E.D., Inc (National Association for Males with Eating Disorders) Board Member
- BEDA (Binge Eating Disorders Association) Member
- iaedp (International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals) Member
- NAADAC (the Association for Addiction Professionals) Member.
- Private practice in the Brickell, Coral Gables and Palmetto Bay areas of Miami
- When clinically appropriate in-home services may be provided.
- Psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families.
- Evaluations for possible substance/ process addictions.
- ADHD assessments and coaching.
- Workshops and clinical trainings
- Online Instructor for Sober College School of Addiction Studies.